As a leader in grid soil sampling, we discover soil variations that conventional soil sampling cannot find. By pulling more separately bagged soil samples per field, we eliminate the averaging that occurs when a single soil sample is pulled per field.
The two most common reasons for field and soil variability are:
- Soil Differences
- Yield Differences
Some soils will naturally produce more yield than other soils. The higher yields will remove more nutrients while the lower producing soil will remove less nutrients.
The common occurrences with conventional whole field soil sampling are:
- Waiting to apply lime till the whole field has low soil pH
- Excessive application of nutrients on lower producing soils
- Deficient application on higher producing soils
Fine tune your soil for greater productivity.
- Pull more soil samples
- Limit land area for each soil sample
- Apply lime to raise soil pH to optimum only where it is needed
- Increase nutrient supply on high producing soils
Soil Advantage is grid soil sampling that will improve your crop production efficiency and your bottom line!